SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Candy Cane Inn Review.


The boys, my mom and I had the pleasure to go on a road trip down to Disney Land. It was stressful, fun even if at times there were tears shed. It was a trip of a life time and I truly can't wait to go back. 
Even if the we know ahead of time that tears will more then likely be shed again. ( more then likely from my mom and I not the boys.) 


We drove from the middle of northern California to Anaheim California. Driving from our original starting point of Kingston Washington.  We made great time so on our second full day of driving we made it way further then my mom or I thought we would.  The boys being so young and hating road trips.  So about 3 hours from Anaheim I called two of the hotels that I have wanted to stay in and check out.  We were only needing one night before checking into the Disney Land Hotel the next day, so when we called to see if we could get it to the Candy Cane Inn located at 747 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802. They warmly welcomed us. They had a room we were set! 
Candy Cane Inn is in all the travel books state that it is a good place to stay that is close to Disneyland. It is very popular choice for travelers. Ranking at #3 in the area on Trip advisory.  Being a good neighbor hotel made me always look at this for a choice. They have been a favorite to many for over 50 years. It is about a ten minute walk to the gates of Disneyland and Down town Disney from door to gate.  It was a quick, flat and easy walk for the four of us.  
 The rooms were very clean, with comfortable beds. Our room was with standard queen beds in the room we stayed in and because of the door lock with the boys being able to automatically unlock the room  when the door knob was turned we came up with the idea to barricade the rooms door with a rented folding bed that the boys couldn't move in place of a lock.   
For a place that is centered around children and families this was not the best idea for a lock on the main door.  I know I wouldn't have slept well knowing that they could have gotten out.   Which is why I slept in the bed next to the door we were using as our deadbolt lock.  They have free self parking. 
Our room was clean and had all the basics that any other hotel would have. They use the name Boutique hotel in their information on their website and listings. Every Room is equipped with a refrigerator, coffeemaker & in-room safe.   There were a few things about the hotel I love and the top of that list is the  amazing staff and second was how friendly they were to me.  

The third of which made me enjoy my time was their beautiful complimentary expanded continental breakfast. 
Starting our morning with out having to go out and spend extra money for breakfast and starting our days off on the right foot with full tummies made all the difference and something I always consider when booking my stay. 
Then there is the beautiful pool that was onsite at the Inn. We sat at the pool and let the boys tire themselves out so that they would crash extra hard after we did Down Town Disney, so we would all be ready for the main event the next day at Disneyland.  I don't use the gym when I am on vacation. I consider the fact that I will be walking a zillion miles a day and then swimming and chasing around the boys is enough working out for me! So for you crazy health nuts I sure with I was like...just know that they have a full service workout area onsite as well. 
 The Inn has complimentary transportation to and from Disneyland. Exclusive complimentary shuttle to/from Disneyland, they also have onsite laundry that after a long road trip or a few days in the park you could really put to good use.  Another great thing that you can get right here at the onsite gift shop is that you can not only get souvenirs you can also get your Park Tickets through the front desk. Which is so convenient to have at your own hotel. 
Somethings that make this hotel more boutique are the small amount of rooms with only 171 and only two stories throughout the entire property. It is also Eco friendly and tries to leave as little carbon footprints as possible.  Remember that check in is at 3:00pm though we got there a little after one and with kids that still napped at the time we were lucky that they let us in our room at 1;30 and they also let us check out at 12:30 instead of their posted 11:00 am. This was so important to me with two little kids and I know other parents would love the flexibility the hotel shows their guests. 
This was a fun place to stay and I recommend it to any family that would like to stay close to Disneyland and being on the same side of the street that the main gates to Disneyland are on. You don't have to stay in a major over populated hotel and paying high dollar prices to have a great stay for a great price enjoying the sweetness of a boutique hotel. 


Post a Comment