SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 30, 2017

A bright idea... well I think it is.


We are living on our own for the first time. I haven't lived alone by myself in about 19 years.  With that being said It is so fun learning about what I like again.  What the boys and I can do with our home.  It is a small cozy place with the basics of everything we need.  It is close enough to town to walk.  Not having a car is both freeing and a pain in the ass(With the not so great bus services our county has.)   I couldn't even imagine what it would be like in the country we were living in just a few weeks ago to get people to come out there for rides.

We were setting up the boys play area in the house and I set up a map in the room. "F" asked "Where other people live that don't live by us?" I started to tell him that his Papa was in New York when he is working and when he isn't that him and his Gamma ( Gam-ma) live in Las Vegas.   "F" then asked, "Well who else lives in these areas?" as he pointed to the bright states. I told him where his Auntie and Uncle and cousin live in California, and Where so and so lives in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Montana, and even in Colorado.

So because of social media I went down my friends list and asked anyone in a different state to please send him and his brother so we can connect in a way to the United Sates and some of my family in different countries as well. Now we wait as we get our post cards in the mail.

When I was little I collected post cards from everywhere. I told everyone and anyone that would listen to send me a post card. I also had a pen pal and keep in touch with her until I had the boys and then lets just face it life got busy.   So re reading them and getting ones that my Grandpa Elmer's brother Leroy had sent to their mom was touching to read as an adult.  I also got to know my cousin whom now is more of a sister and certainly my very best friend to really get to know one another. These letters and postcards were lost in the fire. ( The Divorce )   It is one thing I will never get back and one thing that I guess "F" will get out of this project him and I do. That his brother will enjoy them as well both as adults when they have their own family and maybe even children of their own if they choose.  That is why I am doing this project so they can already feel how big the world is but at the same time how very small.




Post a Comment